Monolord have officially finished their new album. The effort is expected to be released later this year.
Monolord have released a new song titled “I’m Staying Home.“ The track can be found in digital outlets, along with a live version of “The Bastard Son” from the 2019 Freak Valley Festival. Physical copies can also be pre-ordered HERE. Thomas Jäger commented:
“A leftover track from the No Comfort session with the lyrics re-recorded to suit our current state. Stay the fuck home.”
Monolord have released an instrumental version of “Vænir“ via Bandcamp. If you purchase it today (June 5), 100% of the proceeds will go to the band. The effort will also be released on vinyl on September 4.
This Friday (June 5), Bandcamp will be waiving their revenue share once again and a number of artists/labels will be using the day to raise money for charity. On top of that, Bandcamp will also be donating their revenue share to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund on June 19.
Here’s a list of some of the rock/metal releases:
- Brutal Panda: Releasing charity comp featuring Moon Destroys, Ruby the Hatchet, Kowloon Walled City and many more, with proceeds being donated to Campaign Zero.
- Dark Descent: Donating 25% of all sales to The Place, an outreach program for homeless young people.
- Ghoul: Donating 100% of sales to The Bail Project.
- Gilead Media: Releasing exclusive Cavernlight cover of “The Black Crow” by Songs:Ohia.
- Hassle Records: Sharing 100% of digital revenue with artists; releasing limited edition rarities from The Used, Lonely The Brave, and Frank Iero.
- Magnetic Eye: Sharing 100% of digital revenue with artist
- Monolord: Releasing exclusive instrumental remix of the band’s 2014 album Vaenir.
- Mr. Bungle: Giving 100% of proceeds from new track & new T-Shirt style to Musicares Covid-19 Relief Fund.
- Sacred Bones Records: Donating 100% of all digital sales split between The Loveland Foundation and a nationwide bail fund that splits donations among community bail funds.
- Thrill Jockey: Releasing several LPs at a reduced price, with proceeds going to anti-racism charities; releasing a handful of limited-edition color LPs that were unearthed during a recent warehouse clearout.
The full list can be found HERE.
Monolord have released an instrumental version of their 2014 album “Empress Rising.” You can purchase that via Bandcamp.
Monolord are streaming their new album “No Comfort” in full via Kerrang!. That effort will be released on September 20. Tomas Jäger said the following about the album:
“It’s more emotional than the others. There are lyrics about disease—we’ve had relatives with cancer and things like this—and when you think you’re done with one crisis, the next one comes along. So sometimes you feel there’s no comfort left. Anyone going through a rough time can relate, I think.”
Big Scenic Nowhere, a new project led by Bob Balch (Fu Manchu) and Gary Arce (Yawning Man), will be releasing a new two-song EP titled “Dying On The Mountain” on September 13. The effort was recorded with a number of other musicians including: Nick Oliveri (Mondo Generator, ex-Queens Of The Stone Age, ex-Kyuss), Per Wiberg (Spiritual Beggars, ex-Opeth), Alain Johannes, Thomas V. Jäger (Monolord), Mario Lalli (Fatso Jetson, Yawning Man), etc. The title track, which is over 20 minutes long, will appear on the a-side and “Towards The Sun” will appear on the b-side. You can stream “Towards The Sun“ below:
Monolord have premiered a new video for their new song “The Last Leaf.” This track is from the band’s new album “No Comfort,” which will be released on September 20. The group commented:
“We’re thrilled to work with the brilliantly talented Björn Rallare on this video. He’s aced the difficult challenge of capturing the post-apocalyptic and apathetic atmosphere of the song. Hope you like it as much as we do.”
[via Consequence Of Sound]
Monolord have premiered a new song titled “The Bastard Son.” This track is from the band’s new album “No Comfort,” which will be released on September 20.
“No Comfort” Track Listing:
01. “The Bastard Son”
02. “The Last Leaf”
05. “Alone Together Forever Divided”
06. “No Comfort”
The group recorded the album with Kim Gravander at Let Them Swing Studio near Gothenburg, Sweden and they had the following to say about it:
“This one has been the most challenging yet. As always striving for evolvement, but within the Monolord realm and with that inviting another person into that process. We hope you like it.”
Monolord have announced a fall headlining tour. Firebreather will join them on the European leg, while Blackwater Holylight will join them on the U.S. leg.
Europe (with Firebreather):
09/28 London, UK – The Garage (with Ufomammut) (no Firebreather)
09/29 Sheffield, UK – HRH Doom V Stoner (no Firebreather)
09/30 Bournemouth, UK – The Anvil (no Firebreather)
10/01 Utrecht, NET – De Helling
10/02 Brussels, BEL – Magasin 4
10/03 Pratteln, SWI – Up In Smoke Festival
10/04 Reims, FRA – La Cartonnerie
10/05 Paris, FRA – Saturday Mud Fever Festival
10/07 Dortmund, GER – Junkyard
10/08 Nuremberg, GER – B-Zau
10/09 Cologne, GER – Helios 37
10/10 Mainz, GER – Schon Schon
10/11 Hamburg, GER – Molotow
10/16 Oslo, NOR – John Dee
10/17 Gothenburg, SWE – Sticky Fingers
10/18 Malmo, SWE – Babel
10/23 Linkoping, SWE – The Crypt
10/24 Stockholm, SWE – Close Up Baten
10/25 Tampere, FIN – Olympia
10/26 Helsinki, FIN – Nosturi
U.S. (with Blackwater Holylight):
11/05 San Diego, CA – Brick by Brick
11/06 Tucson, AZ – Club Congress
11/07 Albuquerque, NM – Sister
11/09 Austin, TX – Levitation x Relapse Showcase
11/10 Lafayette, LA – Freetown Boom Boom Room
11/11 New Orleans, LA – One Eyed Jacks
11/12 Atlanta, GA – The 529
11/13 Asheville, NC – Mothlight
11/14 Richmond, VA – Camel
11/15 Baltimore, MD – Metro Gallery
11/16 Philadelphia, PA – First Unitarian Church
11/17 Brooklyn, NY – Saint Vitus
11/20 Chicago, IL – Reggies
11/21 Indianapolis, IN – Black Circle
11/22 St. Louis, MO – Fubar
11/23 Lawrence, KS – Bottleneck
11/25 Denver, CO – Marquis
11/27 Los Angeles, CA – Teragram Ballroom