The Kings Of Quarantine, the project featuring Slaves On Dope‘s Jason Rockman and Kevin Jardine and Mastodon‘s Bill Kelliher, have released a cover of Public Enemy‘s “She Watch Channel Zero?!.“ The track, which features Billy Gould (Faith No More), Mike Bordin (Faith No More), Mix Master Mike (Beastie Boys), Doug “SA” Martinez (311), Mc Serch (3rd Bass), Derrick Green (Sepultura), Sen Dog (Cypress Hill), Toby Morse (H2O), and Ron English (Popaganda), can be purchased on Bandcamp with proceeds set to go towards Roadie Relief.
Man On Man, the band featuring Faith No More’s Roddy Bottum and his boyfriend Joey Holman, have premiered a new video for their new song “Stohner.” This track is from their self-titled debut album, which will be released on May 7. The duo commented:
“We wrote ‘Stohner’ as a way to shake off the dust of paranoia from the first stages of quarantine. We aimed to make something bold and performative, giving our listeners a world that’s familiar while showcasing new sounds and visuals. ‘Stohner’ is a reckoning; it’s an exit from isolation into togetherness. As we continue to tell the story of queer love and tenderness, it was important for us to showcase our affection in new and exciting ways. With our video, we answered the question we often ask ourselves as artists: How do we show people something they’ve never seen before?”
Members of Foo Fighters, Ghost, Korn, KISS, 311, and more have contributed signed items to a silent auction in an effort to raise money for Roadie Relief. The auction will run through April 14 at 32auctions.com.
Here’s the various items up for auction:
01. Tommy Thayer (KISS) personally signed signature series Epiphone Les Paul.
02. Phil X (Bon Jovi) signed Gibson Les Paul Jr.
03. Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) piano black Gretsch Drum kit he used at Wembley Stadium in 2008 with All Access laminate from the show.
04. Papa Emeritus IV (Ghost) signed Hagstrom Phantom guitar.
05. A 30 min one on one Zoom with PNUT of 311.
06. 5 different Faith No More bundles that have signed poster, guitar pics and after show pass.
07. Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine) signed cymbal (used at last Rage show).
08. 2 – 311 band signed posters.
09. Queen + Adam Lambert signed show poster from their last show plus a pair of Roger Taylor’s drum sticks.
10. Ray Luzier (Korn) signed snare drum (his signature series custom hard shell snare case also signed by him).
11. Metallica bundle including show poster, pair of Lars Ulrich’s used drum Sticks, and one of Lars’s custom snare drum Heads
12. Live performance photographs from shows including: Lemmy (Motörhead), Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Flint (Prodigy), Axl Rose (Guns N’ Roses), Cardinal Copia (Ghost), and Tom Petty.
13. 311 signed skate deck.
14. Artist Thomas Estrada donated custom art commission to winning bidder.
15. Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) signed custom guitar pedal + guitar pics.
16. Avenged Sevenfold signed record.
17. Several concert collectors posters: Pearl Jam, Soundgarden (and more to come).
18. Darkglass Electronics 500 v1 bass amp
19. Aric Improta (Fever 333) custom art work drum head signed by him
20. Ray Luzier (Korn) signed drum head and pair of sticks
21. Foo Fighters Bundle – Taylor Hawkins’ sticks, Dave Grohl’s sweat band and guitar pic and 2 all access laminates.
22. Custom hand made guitar used on episodes of Couch Riffs.
Mike Patton (Faith No More, etc.) has a recorded a cover of the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” theme song for a new video game called “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge.” You can hear that track in the below reveal trailer. Here’s a description of the game:
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge reunites Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello to kick shell in a beautifully realized pixel art world invoking the turtles’ classic 1987 design. With Bebop and Rocksteady amassing gizmos to support Krang and Shredder’s latest scheme, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge finds the turtles battling through a breathless tour of iconic TMNT locations to thwart their nemeses’ most diabolical plan yet. Armed with shell-shocking new abilities built on a foundation of classic brawling mechanics, the gang are in for an exhilarating, Foot Clan-stomping romp leading them through the sewers and bustling boroughs of New York City all the way to Dimension X. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge will be available on PC and consoles. “
System Of A Down, Korn, Faith No More, Helmet and Russian Circles have postponed their Los Angeles stadium shows once again due to the coronavirus pandemic. The concerts are now scheduled take place at the Banc Of California Stadium on October 22-23. System Of A Down commented:
“Our shows at the Band Of California Stadium in May have now been rescheduled to October 22 and 23. Your ticket will be honored accordingly. If you cannot make the new date or prefer a refund, you should have received an email with your refund options. If you did not receive an email, please contact your point of purchase. For more information please visit: livenation.com/refund. Hopefully this will be the last time the dates are moved because we’re very excited to see you all ASAP.”
Man On Man, the band featuring Faith No More’s Roddy Bottum and his boyfriend Joey Holman, have premiered a new video for their new song “1983.” This track is from the duo’s self-titled debut album, which will be released on May 7.
The band commented:
“We found the concept of outdoor cruising and anonymous hookups particularly interesting in this barren chapter of history. While sex apps have nearly obliterated IRL hookups and the pandemic currently forbids human contact, ‘1983’ is a heartfelt homage to an era that glorified danger, anonymous encounters and sex positivity.
We worked with Steven Harwick (Macy Rodman, Kembra Pfahler, Christeene) in our first video with a collaborating director and set out to achieve a visually wild and vibrant palette inspired by references of a bygone sexual revolution. CRUISING, CHRISTIANE F and the work of Alvin Baltrop are all cited as influences of complicated and often times problematic and challenging voices of outsider liberation in the piece. The outdoor scenes in the video were shot in the notorious Vale of Cashmere, the section of Prospect Park in Brooklyn that’s been an outdoor cruising destination since the 1970’s.”
“Man On Man” Track Listing:
03. “It’s So Fun (To Be Gay)”
04. “Beach House”
06. “Baby, You’re My Everything”
07. “Two At A Time”
09. “Please Be Friends”
11. “It Floated”
Breaking In A Sequence, aka Bias (ex-Korn/Core 10), have premiered a new video for their cover of Faith No More’s “Midlife Crisis.” This track is from the band’s latest EP “Acronym.” Rich Nguyen commented:
“When we originally decided to cover ‘Midlife Crisis‘ it was supposed to be an Easter egg on our EP, not a single release. But things changed when COVID-19 hit and the world transformed into a Black Mirror episode. In the fall of 2020, we sat down to discuss the release with our managers and they encouraged us to release our rendition of the song, as it’s familiar, yet different enough to not get lost in the madness of the year. That gave me the idea to do an homage to the original video. Bands do cover songs all the time, but they often don’t cover the video, too.”
Dirty O’Keeffe, the new project featuring Billy Gould (Faith No More), Christian Martucci (Stone Sour), Steve Shephard (Trash N Privilege), and Dave Raun (Lagwagon), have premiered a new video for their new song “Brick Or Bullet.” You can check that out below. The track will benefit saveourstages.com.
Faith No More have postponed their Australian/New Zealand tour with RVG once again due to the coronavirus pandemic. The trek will now take place in February 2022.
Faith No More commented:
“Once again in this world of things being temporarily out of our control, we are having to postpone our AU/NZ dates. Postponed and not cancelled being the silver lining here and we’re grateful for that. We intend on making it up to you only at a time when things are safe for ALL of us. Until then, thanks for sticking this out with us and take care. We’re all in this together and when it happens we promise to make it special.
— xoxo Billy, Jon, Mike B, Mike P, & Roddy“
02/10 Christchurch, NZ – Christchurch Arena
02/12 Auckland, NZ – Spark Arena
02/15 Brisbane, AUS – Entertainment Centre
02/17 Sydney, AUS – Qudos Bank Arena
02/19 Melbourne, AUS – Rod Laver Arena
02/21 Adelaide, AUS – Entertainment Centre
02/23 Perth, AUS – RAC Arena