Clutch have shared an unboxing video of their new 16-LP box set “The Obelisk.“ The effort will be released on October 24 as part of Record Store Day and it will feature the following albums: “Strange Cousins From The West,“ “Blast Tyrant,“ “Robot Hive – Exodus,“ “Earth Rocker,“ “Psychic Warfare,“ “Full Fathom Five,“ “La Curandera,“ “Live At The Googolplex” (picture disc), “Jam Room” (picture disc), “Pitchfork & Lost Needles” (picture disc), and “Book Of Bad Decisions.“ Only 2,000 copies will be available.
Between The Buried And Me will be releasing an updated version of “Colors” on December 11. The album was remixed/remastered by Jamie King and it can be pre-ordered on limited edition vinyl HERE.
Halestorm will be reissuing their live album “Live In Philly 2010” on clear and black mixed colored vinyl this December. The effort has been remastered by Ted Jensen and it will be limited to 5,000 copies. Pre-orders can be found HERE and they are expected to ship on December 11. Lzzy Hale commented:
“10 years ago was the beginning of a new lifetime. We had just released our first album on Atlantic Records. It was a time of discovering who we were, not just to ourselves…but who we were to the world. When I listen to this live album, I still remember the feeling of beautiful panic before hitting the stage at the TLA, a place where I had experienced the live shows of many of my idols as a young Pennsylvania girl. Most of these songs were relatively new and some we were performing live for the first time. I can hear the growling hunger of the four of us. We were ravenous and hell bent on proving ourselves on a new level. This show was a step forward toward a future unknown…the rest is history.”
Amorphis will be releasing a new vinyl single titled “Brother And Sister” on December 18. The effort, which can be pre-ordered HERE, will be limited to 666 copies and it will come with the title track and another song titled “As Mountains Crumble.“ Both of those tracks were previously available on the digipak edition of the band’s latest album “Queen Of Time.“ New limited edition vinyl pressings of that record will also be released on October 23. Keyboardist Santeri Kallio commented:
“Two great songs from ‘Queen Of Time‘ sessions in vinyl which is great. Atmospherical ‘Brother and Sister‘ and majestic prog-driven ‘As Mountains Crumble‘ were also good candidates for the ‘Queen of Time‘ album final track list, but in the final run ended up as an album bonus tracks to give a special edge for different releases. With this release it is great to see these songs get more attention they deserve.”
August Burns Red will be celebrating the 15th anniversary of “Thrill Seeker“ by playing it in full during a virtual concert next month. The set, which will also include an encore performance featuring tracks from “Messengers,“ will stream live on November 14.
Guitarist JB Brubaker commented:
“Being stuck at home for the past six months has given us a lot of time to think and plan what we wanted to do next. It’s been such a strange year and I have never gone this long without playing music with my friends. When we realized that this November marks the 15-year anniversary of ‘Thrill Seeker‘, we wanted to do something special for our debut album.
We decided to get together and perform the entire thing on the internet. We are going all in on production — from lighting to video to audio. Our goal is to push the envelope on what people have come to expect from a livestream performance. Mark your calendars for November 14. In the meantime, we’ll be practicing…”
Tickets can be found HERE, along with pre-orders for a vinyl pressing of the upcoming performance. A 15th anniversary vinyl edition of “Thrill Seeker” is also available for pre-order as well.
Alice In Chains have revealed the details for their “Facelift” 30th anniversary deluxe vinyl box set. The set will be released on January 29, 2021 and it will feature a remastered version of the album. Here’s what it will include: an acrylic deluxe box with gel transparencies, 2XLP vinyl, an exclusive cassette, a custom hard cover photo book, a two-sided poster, a 12” slipmat, a sticker sheet, a tour laminate, and four art prints. You can pre-order that and a standalone vinyl release (out November 13) HERE.
Volbeat have revealed the details for their upcoming “Hokus Bonus” compilation. The effort will be released as part of Record Store Day’s Black Friday event (November 27) and it will feature various bonus tracks taken from special and international editions of the band’s previous albums. The collection will be limited to 3,000 copies on “Magician’s Smoke” colored vinyl.
“Hokus Bonus” Track Listing:
01. “Rebel Angel”
04. “Lola Montez” (Harp Version)
05. “Evelyn” (Early Michael Vox Version)
01. “For Evigt” (feat. Johan Olsen)
02. “Black Rose” (Michael Vox Version)
03. “Under The Influence”
04. “Immortal But Destructible”
05. “Die To Live” (Michael Vox Version)
“We all spend a lot of time in record stores both at home and on tour and bringing these songs to vinyl, some of them for the first time ever, brings us great joy. We hope our fans are looking forward to ‘Record Store Day’ Black Friday as much as we are!”
The full list of special releases for this year’s Black Friday Record Store Day event (November 27) has been posted. You can find a list of various rock/metal releases below. The full list can also be viewed HERE.
- Alice In Chains – “Sap” (Legacy) (12″ vinyl) (limited to 8,500)
- Anthrax – “Soldiers Of Metal” (Megaforce) (black in orange vinyl) (limited to 1,000)
- Baroness – “Live At Maida Vale BBC Vol. II” (Abraxan Hymns) (limited to 3,500)
- Beastie Boys – “Some Old Bullshit” (Capitol/UME) (limited to 1,000)
- Blue Öyster Cult – “Live In Pasadena July ’83” (Real Gone Music) (2xLP) (limited to 1,300)
- Buckcherry – “Buckcherry” (Real Gone Music) (limited to 1,500)
- The Chariot – “Long Live” (Good Fight Music) (limited to 2,000)
- Chris Cornell – “Patience” (Guns N’ Roses cover) (IGA) (7″) (limited to 6,000) [Features his cover of Prince‘s “Nothing Compares 2 U” live at SiriusXM as the b-side]
- Crown The Empire – “7102010” (Rise Records) (12″) (limited to 1,500)
- Dio – “Dream Evil Live ’87” (Niji/BMG) (12″ picture disc) (limited to 2,500)
- Ace Frehley – “Space Truckin’” (Deep Purple cover) (eOne Music) (12″) (limited to 2,100)
- Linkin Park – “Meteora” (Warner Records) (2xLP on aqua blue vinyl) (limited to 3,000)
- Motörhead – “Ace Of Spades” (Sanctuary/BMG) (12″) (limited to 2,500)
- Motörhead – “On Parole (Expanded And Remastered)” (Parlophone) (2xLP/CD) (limited to 3,000/limited to 4,200)
- My Chemical Romance – “Life On The Murder Scene” (Reprise) (limited to 7,500 copies)
- Norma Jean – “Meridional” (Concord/Craft Recordings) (2xLP) limited to 2,500)
- Puscifer – “Apocalyptical“/“Rocketman” (BMG/Alchemy) (7″) (limited to 2,000)
- Shadows Fall – “Of One Blood” (M-Theory Audio) (blood red vinyl) (limited to 1,350)
- Sunn O))) – “Flight Of The Behemoth” (Southern Lord) (2xLP) (limited to 800)
- Corey Taylor/Dead Boys – “All This And More” (side by side) (Elektra) (12″ red vinyl) (limited to 4,000)
- Tesla – “The Great Radio Controversy” (LMLR) (limited to 1,000)
- Volbeat – “Hokus Bonus” (Republic) (grey limited edition vinyl) (limited to 3,000) [Featuring numerous bonus tracks from past albums]
- Walking Papers – “The Light Below” (Carry On Music) (2xLP) (limited to 1,000)
[via The PRP]
TesseracT will be releasing a 4LP+2CD box set edition of their 2013 album “Altered State” on November 6. Pre-orders are available HERE. The band commented:
“For the band, we always felt like we hit a perfect balance with the presentation on ‘Altered State‘. And that the concept was made even more striking in a gatefold vinyl package. There’s just something very tactile and real about that iteration. We’re all really looking forward to it being available in that format again.”
Spiritbox have reached a new partnership agreement with Rise Records through their label Pale Chord Music. With this news, the band have also announced that they will be releasing their latest single “Holy Roller” on 7″ vinyl. That effort will be available on December 4 and it will come with the original track and a remix that was done by Crystal Lake’s Ryo Kinoshita. The remix will also be released digitally on October 2. Pre-orders can be found HERE.
Courtney LaPlante said the following about partnering with Rise Records:
“We have always dreamed of partnering with a label that embraces our DIY mentality and respects our independence, a label that understands immediately what we want to accomplish and how we want to get there.
It has been surreal getting to know the team at Rise Records, never feeling like we have to be anything other than our authentic selves. They are not some monolithic corporation, but individuals with a passion for music. They understand us and allow us to just be Spiritbox, now with the resources and guidance that we have always wanted. I keep thinking I am going to wake up from some fever dream and it was all in my head.
To our fans. We are so excited to celebrate this milestone with you. We know how hard you have worked to spread the word about our band and we are so grateful for the time, energy and belief you have invested in us. We understand that with more resources comes higher expectations. We will not let you down, I promise!”
Rise Records’ Sean Heydorn added:
“We’re very excited to welcome Spiritbox to the Rise Records family and kick off this partnership with Pale Chord. The band caught our attention some time ago, and watching their exponential growth throughout an otherwise tough year for artists has been really inspiring. Despite all the band have already accomplished and done with Pale Chord, we feel it’s just the beginning.”