The Struts have released a cover of Queen’s “We Will Rock You.” You can check that out below. Notably, the track will be featured in a new LG commercial. The band commented:
“It’s no secret that we absolutely adore Queen. That’s why we are thrilled to pay tribute to one of the greatest bands of all time with our very own version of #WeWillRockYou, available to stream and download everywhere… And keep an ear out – you just might catch it coming through your television speakers during a commercial break very soon 😘”
Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” has officially been certified diamond by the RIAA after reaching 10 million or more sales and stream equivalents in the U.S. The group are the first-ever British band to earn this status. Brian May commented:
“This is incredible news. At times like this I have to pinch myself to be sure it’s real. All those wild dreams we had — this is beyond any of them. Huge thanks to all who have believed in us over the years.”
Roger Taylor added:
“It’s a wonderful and gratifying thought to know the song has reached out and connected with so many people! We thank you all… onwards.”
Members of Foo Fighters, Ghost, Korn, KISS, 311, and more have contributed signed items to a silent auction in an effort to raise money for Roadie Relief. The auction will run through April 14 at 32auctions.com.
Here’s the various items up for auction:
01. Tommy Thayer (KISS) personally signed signature series Epiphone Les Paul.
02. Phil X (Bon Jovi) signed Gibson Les Paul Jr.
03. Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) piano black Gretsch Drum kit he used at Wembley Stadium in 2008 with All Access laminate from the show.
04. Papa Emeritus IV (Ghost) signed Hagstrom Phantom guitar.
05. A 30 min one on one Zoom with PNUT of 311.
06. 5 different Faith No More bundles that have signed poster, guitar pics and after show pass.
07. Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine) signed cymbal (used at last Rage show).
08. 2 – 311 band signed posters.
09. Queen + Adam Lambert signed show poster from their last show plus a pair of Roger Taylor’s drum sticks.
10. Ray Luzier (Korn) signed snare drum (his signature series custom hard shell snare case also signed by him).
11. Metallica bundle including show poster, pair of Lars Ulrich’s used drum Sticks, and one of Lars’s custom snare drum Heads
12. Live performance photographs from shows including: Lemmy (Motörhead), Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Flint (Prodigy), Axl Rose (Guns N’ Roses), Cardinal Copia (Ghost), and Tom Petty.
13. 311 signed skate deck.
14. Artist Thomas Estrada donated custom art commission to winning bidder.
15. Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) signed custom guitar pedal + guitar pics.
16. Avenged Sevenfold signed record.
17. Several concert collectors posters: Pearl Jam, Soundgarden (and more to come).
18. Darkglass Electronics 500 v1 bass amp
19. Aric Improta (Fever 333) custom art work drum head signed by him
20. Ray Luzier (Korn) signed drum head and pair of sticks
21. Foo Fighters Bundle – Taylor Hawkins’ sticks, Dave Grohl’s sweat band and guitar pic and 2 all access laminates.
22. Custom hand made guitar used on episodes of Couch Riffs.
KnuckleBonz will be releasing new “Rock Iconz” statues of Queen’s Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon later this year. The figures are limited to 3,000 pieces and they can be pre-ordered HERE.
Queen will be sharing highlights from their career as part of a new series called “The Greatest.” That series will launch on March 19 and it will air weekly through March 2022. A trailer was shared, along with the below information:
“This trailer is an introduction to a celebration of key moments in Queen’s history. From March 19, 2021 and for the next year we will take Queen fans on a unique and remarkable journey – a chance to revisit some of the band’s most iconic moments and discover some aspects of the story you might not know. Presented in chronological order, the series will take you from Queen’s earliest shows at London’s Rainbow and Odeon through vast arenas across the entire world on a journey culminating with the band’s latest record setting achievements with Adam Lambert. Along with spectacular concert footage, sound checks, backstage and rare after-show access we get to explore the stories behind the songs, hits and album tracks, drawn from the extensive footage that exists in the official archive while also uncovering and sharing rare and previously unseen gems.”
Queen have launched a new mobile rhythm game called “Queen: Rock Tour.” Fans can get that on Android and iOS devices HERE.
Here’s a description of the game:
“Become a rock legend with the first ever official Queen game on mobile. Hit the stage and perform with the entire band as you unleash your music talents to play thrilling guitar riffs, heart-pounding drum solos and much more. All you need to do is tap the tiles in time with the rhythm! Embark on a musical journey to rediscover the story of the world’s most iconic rock band. Play the greatest hits at historic venues, create your own stage performances with unique animations and legendary outfits, and collect exclusive images from the official archives of Queen!
– Play your favorites tracks from over 20 official Queen songs from the greatest albums, including: Bohemian Rhapsody, Keep Yourself Alive, We Will Rock You, I Want to Break Free, We Are The Champions, and many more!*
– Challenge your music skills in this fun, addictive, and intuitive game. Whether you’re playing the guitar, drums, vocals or bass, just tap the tiles as they float by to create some of the most memorable music on mobile!
– Keep the rhythm going throughout the stage to chain together crazy combos and rack up an amazing game score as you play and complete the songs!
– Dazzle the audience with official outfits and customizable accessories you can unlock and pick out for each venue.
– Play your songs in one iconic venue after another, including the original stages at London, Tokyo, Houston, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janerio and many more.
– Unlock and collect fun music trivia facts and exclusive band images from the official Queen Archives.
Queen Rock Tour is free to play with 3 full tracks and 30 second playable levels of all other featured tracks, but if you wish you can enhance your experience and unlock all 20 full tracks for a one time in-app purchase of $2.99.”
During a recent interview with Classic Rock, Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor revealed that they tried to record a new song with their current singer Adam Lambert. However, the band never ended up releasing it, because they “couldn’t crack it.”
Taylor said the following:
“We did record a song which we haven’t actually finished. I can’t remember what it’s called. I think we were still discussing what we should call it.”
“It was a song that we’d tried to adapt that had come from a friend. It had the makings of being a great song, but we couldn’t crack it. We couldn’t get there.”
Taylor also added the following when asked about the possibility of a new Queen album with Lambert:
“It would be nice to do some stuff. I wouldn’t rule it out. Adam has said, ‘Any time you want me to sing on something…’ If the other two decide, ‘Let’s do something’, I’d be there.”
Queen + Adam Lambert have postponed their European/UK tour once again due to the coronavirus pandemic. The trek will now take place in 2022.
2022 Tour Dates:
05/30 Manchester, UK AO – Arena
05/31 Manchester, UK AO – Arena
06/02 Glasgow, UK – SSE Hydro
06/03 Glasgow, UK – SSE Hydro
06/05 London, UK – The O2
06/06 London, UK – The O2
06/08 London, UK – The O2
06/09 London, UK – The O2
06/11 Birmingham, UK – Utilita Arena
06/12 Birmingham, UK – Utilita Arena
06/14 London, UK – The O2
06/15 London, UK – The O2
06/17 London, UK – The O2
06/18 London, UK – The O2
06/20 London, UK – The O2
06/21 London, UK – The O2
06/24 Berlin, Germany – Mercedes-Benz Arena
06/26 Cologne, Germany – Lanxess Arena
06/28 Zurich, Switzerland – Hallenstadion
06/29 Munich, Germany – Olympiahalle
07/01 Amsterdam, Holland – Ziggo Dome
07/02 Amsterdam, Holland – Ziggo Dome
07/06 Madrid, Spain – Wizink Centre
07/07 Madrid, Spain – Wizink Centre
07/11 Bologna, Italy – Unipol Arena
07/13 Paris, France – AccorHotels Arena
07/15 Antwerp, Belgium – Sportspalais
07/17 Copenhagen, Denmark – Royal Arena
07/18 Copenhagen, Denmark – Royal Arena
The band commented:
“Under continuing Europe-wide Covid restrictions there’s no possible way the tour can go ahead as planned for this year. The prospect of again not being able to look forward to performing and getting to experience those wonderful audiences is just heartbreaking.”
Testament’s Alex Skolnick and Arch Enemy’s Alissa White-Gluz have shared a quarantine cover of Queen’s “We Are The Champions.” Skolnick commented:
“Last spring, when lockdown ‘challenges’ were all the rage, we’d been among more than a dozen musicians and singers answering Brian May’s call in a wonderful, elaborate all-star video in tribute to first responders ([go] back to last spring to see the full version, with a different vocalist singing each line). For this we created a straight through ‘jamming’ version, with her voice straight through and remixed by yours truly (not easy, but a fun challenge!). This is a special video posted on both of our Patreon accounts (thank you, patrons!) as a gift during the holidays. Now we are announcing it as it is available to view for all. Enjoy!”