Cattle Decapitation have officially started the recording process for their new album. The band confirmed the news in the below tweet:
Gabe Serbian has sadly passed away. The musician was the drummer for The Locust and previously served as the singer for Dead Cross and the guitarist for Cattle Decapitation. Fans can assist his family by donating HERE.
The Locust said the following:
“It’s with heavy hearts that we have to share the passing of Gabe Serbian on April 30th, 2022. This world will miss Gabe as a friend, family member, musician, and artist. He will continue to live on in so many ways and through everyone he has connected with during his time with us. May 1st is his birthday, and we hope that you can find a way to celebrate his life. During this difficult time we ask that you give Gabe’s family privacy.”
Dead Cross also commented:
“Our hearts are shattered. We love you Gabe Serbian. This world won’t be the same without you”
Cattle Decapitation added:
“We are at a complete loss for words over the loss of our friend and a founding member Gabe Serbian’s passing. Its difficult to put into words the loss of someone who was such a talent and dear friend to so, so many. He was one of the real ones. We will miss you so much, Gabe. We ask that you please give his family privacy during this time. There is a GoFundMe set up for his family, his wife and two children.”
Cattle Decapitation’s Travis Ryan has lent his voice to several characters in a new “Transformers” video series. The short films were released to coincide with the 35th anniversary of “Transformers: The Movie.”
Cattle Decapitation commented:
“Earlier this year our vocalist Travis Ryan entered Deep End Music Studios in Burbank, CA with some cast and creators of the legendary Transformers: The Movie from 1986 to voice several characters for a series of shorts films to celebrate the new line of toys from that film. These short films played recently in theaters across America before the showing of the 35th anniversary of Transformers: The Movie.
In early 2021, Ryan was contacted to voice the legendary character so near and dear to him for some stop-motion animation vignettes featuring the toys and characters he grew up with. Along with ‘Unicron,’ he also voiced ‘Galvatron,’ one of ‘The Sweeps’ and one of the ‘Quintesson Judges.’ Orson Wells’ character ‘Unicron’ from the original Transformers cartoon movie was one of the early inspirations for Ryan’s guttural vocal style. The frontman explains, “When I first got into Carcass and realized Bill Steer sounded a lot like Unicron, I started singing as low as I could. I was also listening to bands like Broken Hope and Cannibal Corpse but I still cite Unicron as being a big, probably the first, inspiration for my gutteral vocals.”
Recently, the Unicron vignette was released online as a segment of an online toy event. In this short, Ryan voices Unicron as well as one of the Quintesson Judges, along with other renown voice talent such as John Moschitta (Guiness Book of Worlds Records holder for fastest talking man in the world) and Gregg Berger (Grimlock).
“I got to attend the screening in Beverly Hills with members of the original cast, [musician] Stan Bush whose song “The Touch” was featured in the film, and Vince DiCola, the composer of the soundtrack, which is one of my favorites of all time,” Ryan tells REVOLVER Magazine. “That day and that voiceover experience will go down as some of the top coolest stuff I’ve ever had the fortune of being a part of.”
CHECK OUT THE VIDEOS HERE:
1. The Quintesson Judges (Travis Ryan, Gregg Berger, John Moschitta Jr., Francis Ausley) create Unicron (Travis Ryan) and expect him to do their bidding. But the world-eating, transforming planet answers to nobody and has other plans in mind…
2. Hot Rod (Francis Ausley) clumsily drops the Matrix Of Leadership during the scene where he’s supposed to use it to “light our darkest hour”. The Matrix breaks, infuriating the director (John Moschitta Jr) and he blames it on Galvatron (Travis Ryan)…
3. Galvatron’s minions The Sweeps (Travis Ryan, Gregg Berger, Francis Ausley) and Scourge (John Moschitta Jr) arrive on planet Junkeon to destroy Ultra Magnus and retrieve the Matrix Of Leadership. Instead they end up arguing over the long-debated scene from the 1986 film where Unicron clearly creates two Cyclonuses when only one Cyclonus appears later, which begs the question… which one ended up being the Cyclonus that ended up staying in the series? Bombshell? or Skywarp?…
Cattle Decapitation have announced a headlining U.S. tour. The Last Ten Seconds Of Life, Creeping Death, and Extinction A.D. will open.
01/18 San Diego, CA – Brick By Brick
01/19 Pomona, CA – The Glass House
01/20 Los Angeles, CA – 1720
01/21 Berkeley, CA – The Cornerstone (no Creeping Death)
01/22 Reno, NV – Cargo
01/24 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theatre (no Creeping Death)
01/25 Seattle, WA – El Corazon (no Creeping Death)
01/27 Salt Lake City, UT – Metro Music Hall (no Creeping Death)
01/28 Colorado Springs – The Black Sheep
01/29 Denver, CO – The Oriental Theater (no Creeping Death)
01/31 Belvidere, IL – The Apollo AC
02/01 Minneapolis, MN – Turf Club
02/02 Joliet, IL – The Forge
02/03 Hobart, IN – Hobart Art Theater
02/04 Columbus, OH – The Foundry
02/05 Lexington, KY – Manchester Music Hall
02/06 Detroit, MI – The Shelter
02/08 Worcester, MA – Pallladium Upstairs
02/09 New York, NY – Le Poisson Rouge
02/11 Atlanta, GA – The Loft
02/12 Tampa, FL – The Orpheum
02/14 Houston, TX – Secret Group
02/15 Dallas, TX – Amplified Live
02/16 Austin, TX – Come And Take It Live
02/19 Albuquerque, NM – Launchpad
02/20 Mesa, AZ – Nile Theater
Cattle Decapitation commented:
“We are ecstatic to be able to finally announce a US tour after 2 years of inactivity in the United States due to the pandemic! Our latest album and what we consider to be the bands’ finest hour in our entire 25 year history, ‘Death Atlas‘, will finally get its due in the states. Before things shut down, we had nailed down what we felt was our best live set we had ever done and had played it in Australia, New Zealand and Japan but were cut off before we could bring it to the states after you all had fully digested it. Well, we’re happy to say we’ll be taking some time out of our busy writing schedule to do this album some justice LIVE starting this January, 2022. We’ll be bringing along some bands whose names fit nicely in the aesthetic of ‘Death Atlas‘ including The Last Ten Seconds of Life, Creeping Death and Extinction A.D! We ALL deserve everything that’s coming! DEATH… AT LAST!”
Cattle Decapitation have premiered a new video for their song “Finish Them.” This track is from the band’s latest album “Death Atlas.”
Travis Ryan commented:
“When traveling to Australia to embark on our Australia/New Zealand/Japan tour in early 2020, we wondered what would await us on their soil as bushfires were raging, claiming the lives of millions of wild animals, altering the lives of many of our fans and citizens of Australia.
What we didn’t expect was record turnouts with serious rabid fans that I think just wanted to take their minds off the current state of affairs and do their best to have a good time given the utterly shit circumstances they were experiencing. We quickly organized meet and greets at the last minute and were able to raise well over $25,000AUD for the Cobargo Wildlife Sanctuary, who had pretty much lost everything in the fires.
Thanks to the incredible support from our fans down under and through other folks ready to help, they were able to rebuild. We really felt like we had been given a gift by the fans, so we wanted to give back to these people who came out and raged with us by releasing our final music video for ‘Death Atlas,’ which showcases how sick the shows were and how truly amazing our fans are.
Look close, maybe you’ll find yourself in the crowd! Looking forward to returning to the stage one day, hopefully soon!”
Cattle Decapitation’s “Monolith Of Inhumanity” and “The Anthropocene Extinction“ will be receiving new vinyl pressings on August 21. Pre-orders are available HERE.
Here’s all the options for both releases:
“Monolith Of Inhumanity“:
– “An Exhibition of Insides” bone / oxblood melt vinyl (US exclusive – first pressing 700 copies)
– “Erythrocytic Disgorgence” beer w/ red splatter vinyl (US exclusive – first pressing 300 copies)
– 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
– “Projectile Ovulation” clear w/ red and white splatter vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– “Eye of the Monolith” red w/ black splatter vinyl (EU webshop exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– “Precious Metal” gold / silver split vinyl (EU webshop exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
“The Anthropocene Extinction“:
– “Message in a Bottle” coke bottle green w/ white inside vinyl (US exclusive – first pressing 700 copies)
– “Anthropocrepitus” clear w/ aqua blue and gold splatter vinyl (US exclusive – first pressing 300 copies)
– 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
– “Circo Inhumanitas” yellow / red circus tent vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– “Trash Explosion” multi-color splatter vinyl (EU webshop exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– “Anti-Arctic” white / blue melt vinyl (EU webshop exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
Cattle Decapitation are selling a hilarious “2020 Sucks” face mask. You can check out photos of the mask in the below Instagram post and pre-order one HERE.
Cattle Decapitation have released a new video for “Diarrhea Of The Mouth” to commemorate the 20th anniversary of “Homovore.” You can check that out below: