Zao have announced that they are planning to release new vinyl pressings of “The Splinter Shards The Birth Of Separation” and “Where Blood And Fire Bring Rest.” Both albums have been remastered and fans will be able to purchase them on September 23.
Zao shared the below information on the releases:
“Availble this Wed (23rd) at 2pm EST. make sure you click “see more” for all the info Solid State will have an exclusive variant of each at MerchNow solidstate.merchnow.com
We will have an exclusive variant of each at Holy Mountain (in addition to shirts) https://holymountainprinting.com/collections/zao
“The Splinter Shards the Birth of Separation”:
Solid State Records exclusive variant via MerchNow: Clear Green with White Smoke /506
Zao exclusive version via Holy Mountain: Clear Blue with White Smoke /500
“Where Blood And Fire Bring Rest”:
Solid State Records exclusive variant via MerchNow: Clear Orange with White Smoke /512
Zao exclusive version via Holy Mountain: Clear with Blue and Orange Smoke /527
Solid State Records, in partnership with ALL members, past & present of Zao, are extremely proud announce a vinyl record repressing of “The Splinter Shards The Birth of Separation” and their legendary follow-up “Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest.”
Collaborated from-start-to-finish with the musicians on the albums & overseen by the current line up of Zao, these LPs:
– Have, for the first time, been mastered specifically for vinyl.
– Have partnered Zao back up with inceptive design illustrator David Rankin to unearth & restore the original paintings for these albums. While in the process of unarchiving these iconic masterpieces from the their 20+ year hiding places behind attic armoires in Pennsylvania, more unused artwork was found & restored for this reissue series.
– Feature a lush, matte finish jacket.
– Contain lengthy retrospective essays for each release’s insert written by David about “creating the nightmarish art of Zao.”
– Include full-sized, 12×12 card stock, double sided art prints (2 double-sided art prints included with “Splinter”) of high detail, high resolution restored artwork created at the time of the original releases, & in some cases, reimagined (1 double-sided art print included in “Blood & Fire”) to dial up the intensity of these already-ferocious records.
Co-Produced & faithfully-restored by Unoriginal Vinyl to ensure the ultimate fan experience, Zao will also be selling their own exclusive vinyl color variant of each record via their Holy Mountain Webstore in addition to shirts featuring David’s art. Available copies of these represses are sure to immolate faster than… well.. you know. Not even Brandon Ebel could believe the lengths we went to in order to get these ones right.”