Attack Attack! have premiered a new video for their new song “Brachyura Bombshell.” You can check that out below:
Attack Attack! have premiered a new video for their new song “Brachyura Bombshell.” You can check that out below:
Attack Attack! have shared a teaser for their new song “Brachyura Bombshell.” The full track will be released on April 30.
Attack Attack! have released a new 43-second song titled “Kawaii Cowboys.“ According to the band, the track is “going to change metalcore FOREVER.”
Attack Attack! have premiered a new song titled “All My Life.” The track serves as the band’s first new music in eight years and an official video for it can be found below. The group’s current lineup reportedly features original members Andrew Wetzel and Andrew Whiting, as well as Chris Parketny, Cameron Perry, and Jay Miller.
Attack Attack! have posted a teaser for their new song “All My Life.“ The full track will be released on December 7. It is still unclear who is in the band’s current lineup, but guitarist Andrew Whiting and drummer Andrew Wetzel are believed to be involved.
It was previously reported that Attack Attack! were preparing to make a comeback this year and now the band have confirmed that they have something planned for Friday (October 23). Considering new music is usually released on Fridays, fans have speculated that the group are planning to release a new song on that day. It is still unclear who is in the band’s current lineup, but you can find their new logo below:
Attack Attack! have reportedly reunited. According to Note To Scene, “a source inside the band” recently confirmed the news and said that they are working on new music with producer Joey Sturgis. On top of that, the group have also launched a new Instagram account and have even commented on the Note To Scene story calling it “interesting.” However, it is unclear which members are part of the band’s current lineup.
As previously reported, Austin Carlile (ex-Of Mice & Men/Attack Attack!) was recently accused of rape and sexual assault, while Alternative Press were accused of burying the story. Now, Carlile has issued his own statement denying the allegations.
Carlile said the following:
“In my younger years, I absolutely was not the best person, but I have never physically abused, preyed upon, forced myself upon, or drugged any woman. These accusations are false and defamatory.
I am not a perfect person: I smoked marijuana daily, drank often, got into fights and acted like a jerk more times than I can count. I did things and acted in ways that I am not proud of, but never have I violated anyone. These ‘accusations’ being thrown around on social media, in our current ‘cancel culture’ climate, are extremely heinous and completely without merit.
My wife is a molestation and rape survivor, and I have personally seen the deep, long-standing pain that she battles with every day. I have spent years surrendering my flesh over to God, allowing Him to constantly improve who I am as a man, husband, and father. During this past week, I have even had the joy of seeing the heartbeat of my new child for the very first time. Today, I am focused on supporting my pregnant wife, our daughter, this new blessing in our lives, my health, my wife’s health, and striving to be a better person every day.
These accusations have been investigated by the appropriate authorities as well as independent journalists and were determined to be unfounded. I apologize to the Marfan Foundation, I Am Second, my former bandmates and any of our dedicated fans who have been unjustly brought into this controversy and wish them all nothing but the best.
All women deserve to feel safe, supported, and heard, but these unjust attacks upon my family and accusations against me, are decades-old claims that are unfounded.“
Austin Carlile (ex-Of Mice & Men/Attack Attack!) has been accused of rape and sexual assault by multiple women. A number of the alleged victims opened up to Alternative Press about the disturbing incidents, but the publication apparently decided to halt the story due to “legal purposes.”
One of the victims, Caitlyn Stiffler, issued the below statement via Facebook:
“Dear Alternative Press,
Remember when over 15 girls shared their stories with you about this serial rapist? Because I do. I was one of them. Now you want to not only share HIS nonsense, but you want to put his name next to Jesus? No, just, no. It’s not okay.
The alternative community has followed you for YEARS. I followed your stories so closely all through high school and watched my artist friends be featured by your magazine. To be contacted by you to share my story, in hopes that it wouldn’t keep happening to other girls, felt like a dream. Finally there was something I could do, considering I was told by law enforcement that there was nothing else I could hope for with no physical evidence. I never thought anyone would believe me or take this seriously, then there was your magazine asking us to share.
He not only raped girls, probably more than anyone even knows about, he was a predator seeking out underage girls by using his position in the music industry to do so. He threatened you with a lawsuit and you backed down. I get it, who would want to be involved in that when you could just… not. That was your choice, a choice none of us had. We can’t just let it go and forget. I for one had hoped that you would at the very least stop featuring him. Guess I was wrong to hope that.
He needs CANCELLED. Get him out of these kids’ faces who believe he’s a good person deserving of recognition. #cancelaustincarlile #austincarlile”
Caitlyn’s husband, Jonathan Stiffler also tweeted about the situation:
Alternative Press have since responded:
Of Mice & Men also issued a statement:
“Yesterday we heard for the first time of an alleged article that was written, and apparently subsequently shelved, regarding a former member of our band.
This individual has not been a member of Of Mice & Men for almost four years and neither the band, nor the team around us, has had any part in suppressing any such article.
We absolutely condemn sexual violence and harassment in any form.
–Aaron, Alan, Tino, Phil“
UPDATE: Alternative Press founder/president Mike Shea has now issued a new statement:
“First, I want to sincerely apologize to the survivors who have felt silenced by us in regard to the allegations made against Austin Carlile.
I wish I could say something to make the pain from abuse go away. And while I realize that my words might come up short for some, it is my hope that you and the survivors can take comfort in the actions we are taking to enact change.
Also, I think it’s time for a change. In light of recent events, and in the current state of culture, we’re going to introduce some new faces to the world. Effective immediately, I’m pleased to announce our new Editor in Chief, Paige Owens, and her counterpart Content Director, Rachel Campbell, who both will bring a new approach to our editorial objectives and policies. The two of them are going to be spearheading the ongoing direction of our content and the initiatives we’ll cover below.
Finally, allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of Alternative Press for not explaining ourselves before now. To those individuals who have shared their stories with us, we do not condone violence or sexual misconduct in any form, and your story deserves to be told. We understand the potential depth of the hurt, and that it resonates, and we apologize.
We would also like to tell our readers that we are not protecting anybody from legal repercussions. What we are following is the obligation of journalistic due diligence, ethics and integrity. Social media allows us to react quickly and impulsively with great conviction. What it doesn’t do is provide context or the full story.
The Austin Carlile story was never kept “under wraps.” It was not published because we could not check all the boxes we, as journalists, must check. During the period that the allegations surfaced and an investigation began, accusations and scenarios came to light. From the information that we have been able to review, these claims were not verifiable by sources or through official legal documentation (formal complaints, police reports, witnesses, etc).
In addition, some of the individuals we spoke to had changed their position on the story or involvement for a variety of reasons. At several points during the investigations, additional sources who were willing to go on record to corroborate events went silent, canceled interviews, and stopped responding to our follow-ups. There were also people who refused to talk to us at the time who are now saying online they were never approached.
Ultimately, we realize now that perhaps reliving the situation could cause painful feelings for survivors and that’s why they could no longer participate.
We must navigate the “old” world of traditional media and also the “new” world of social media. The former is the time-tested world of journalistic due diligence, where things are investigated and vetted thoroughly. In the latter, social media, where media companies can be thrust into having to make an instantaneous judgment in the span of a URL.
That’s how it works on Twitter, but not in journalism. We chose to not be one of those sites, regardless if it didn’t give immediate satisfaction to our online community and opened ourselves to charges of not caring, which couldn’t be further from the truth.
It doesn’t mean that allegations shouldn’t be taken seriously or that they are not true or that survivors should not be heard. When investigating serious criminal allegations, things such as police reports, documentation, witnesses who will go on the record to corroborate the accusations of others, and industry people who go silent to protect their reputations, can make the process difficult. Despite what we all wish were simply open and closed cases, there are many times a lot of grey areas.
It doesn’t mean the allegations against Austin Carlile are not true. Simply put, we didn’t know all the truth, so we couldn’t tell all the truth. We couldn’t get full cooperation from enough witnesses at the time to get to the truth. We cannot run an allegation without proper and complete vetting as it could open the company to lawsuits.
As a result of our own lessons that we’ve learned over the past 48 hours and current events, we’ve been re-evaluating and acknowledging that our roles as editors and journalists have now changed in this quickly evolving cultural landscape.
We promise to dedicate the necessary resources and time to more in-depth coverage of these serious issues. Yesterday, we created a new editorial committee that will be responsible for the thorough vetting and investigation into future stories such as these. We are also re-evaluating previously posted stories to ensure they are in line with the practices we are adhering to moving forward.
Alongside investigating new allegations, the committee has begun evaluating other previous stories under a new lens.
We are doing all of this to assure survivors that may continue to come forward with accusations, that we will commit resources to report their stories, if possible, and give them the voice that they so deserve.
Again, regarding the Austin Carlile story, we felt we didn’t have enough to go any further. Leading with so much speculation without substantial proof would have compromised the integrity of any information which all of you depend on.
We encourage all of our peers and competitors to take note of these and any future allegations. We hope our sincere apology and advocacy allows all music media outlets to stand up. We all can do better.
We made a mistake, not the survivors. For that, we sincerely apologize.
Please continue to advocate for change.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. We hope to continue to learn and grow alongside all of you to build a safe and accepting music community.
Rise Records have announced that they will be releasing 10th anniversary vinyl editions of The Devil Wears Prada’s “Plagues“, Attack Attack!’s “Someday Came Suddenly“, and Emarosa’s “Relativity.“ Pre-orders are available HERE and they are expected to ship around December 10.