Guns N’ Roses have shared some pro-shot footage from their set at the 2019 Exit 111 festival in Manchester, Tennessee. The 32-minute video was released as part of the band’s “Not In This Lifetime Selects” series and it features the following tracks:
01. “Live And Let Die” (Wings cover)
02. “Shadow Of Your Love”
03. “Black Hole Sun” (Soundgarden cover)
04. “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door” (Bob Dylan cover)
05. “Paradise City”
During a recent interview with Cleveland.com, Slash confirmed that he has been working on new material with Guns N’ Roses and Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators. The guitarist said that fans may get music from both bands in 2021.
Slash said the following when asked about a new Conspirators album:
“We did a week of initial pre-production and there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year. I spent a lot of time writing and demoing that stuff. And prior to that Duff [McKagan] and I did some jamming and we also worked on the Guns record, and I’ve had a couple of ancillary recordings and jams on top of that, so there’s been a lot of stuff going on. I’m really not good at slowing down and just sitting around.”
He also added the following when asked about release plans:
“I would like to think that we’d have some new stuff out next year — from both camps, I guess. It’s hard to say, but I would like to think we’ll have stuff out next year, yeah.”
Guns N’ Roses have shared some footage from their October 7, 2019 show at InTrust Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas. The 27-minute video was released as part of the band’s “Not In This Lifetime Selects” series.
Guns N’ Roses have announced a November 2021 Australian/New Zealand tour. Here’s the dates:
11/06 Gold Coast, AUS – Metricon Stadium
11/09 Adelaide, AUS – Adelaide Oval
11/11 Melbourne, AUS – Melbourne Cricket Ground
11/14 Sydney AUS – ANZ Stadium
11/16 Brisbane, AUS – Suncorp Stadium
11/19 Wellington, NZ – Sky Stadium
11/21 Dunedin, NZ – Forsyth Barr Stadium
11/24 Perth, AUS – Optus Stadium
It’s officially Election Day here in the U.S. and if you still haven’t voted, maybe Axl Rose (Guns N’ Roses) can give you some encouragement. The frontman recently took to social media to urge his fans to vote for democracy.
Rose said the following:
Whatever It Takes
Take A Side
Make A Stand
In The Face Of Fear
Through All The Noise
For The Country
For A Better World
For The Future
Of Our Country
The Only Planet We Have
For Those Who Fought,
Suffered And Died
To Create And Protect
Your Right To Vote
For Loved Ones
And For US
Together As One
And If It Helps…
Vote Knowing There Are Those
Hoping, Praying N’ Counting On
And Would Do Virtually ANYTHING
They Thought They Could Get Away With
To Stop You
Guns N’ Roses have shared footage of themselves performing “Locomotive” during their October 7, 2019 show at the INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas. That performance marked the first time that the band played the “Use Your Illusion II” track since 1992.
Guns N’ Roses have joined forces with Jersey Jack Pinball to create a new pinball machine. The table is inspired by the group’s “Not In This Lifetime” tour and it was co-designed by Slash and Jersey Jack Pinball’s Eric Meunier.
“It’s been a very fulfilling experience working with Jersey Jack on the new GNR Not in This Lifetime pinball machine. Jersey Jack pinball games are some of the most unique and beautiful pins ever made and I am honored to have been able to work with their brilliant team to design one of the most original and exciting rock ‘n’ roll pins ever produced.”
“To have this type of design work and participation from the game’s namesake creating the actual pinball game, has never, ever, been done before in the industry.”
The pinball machine will be available in three different options including a standard edition, a limited edition, and a collector’s edition. You can get one for yourself HERE. Notably, the collector’s edition will come with a signature card signed by Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagran.
Here’s a list of all the things that the game has to offer:
- The game is designed around playing through the Guns N’ Roses entire 21-song setlist with a concert stage and moving spotlights.
- 1 Full-Length Studio Master Recordings of Guns N’ Roses songs are featured.
- Players need to get fans to cheer and get more Pyrotechnics.
- All video assets for the game are used in the actual Guns N’ Roses live concert.
- Exclusive Original Pinball Music created and performed by Slash.
- Exclusive Original Instrumentation and Sound Effect Recordings performed by Slash, Duff McKagan, and Richard Fortus.
- Game Narration by Duff McKagan and Melissa Reese.
- Additional Voice Recording by Axl Rose, Slash, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed and GNR announcer MC Bob.
- Direction-sensing Spinning Platinum Record.
- Sculptures: Slash’s Iconic Top Hat, Screaming Axl Rose, Concert Speaker Stack.
- Original Hand-Drawn, digitally printed Playfield, Cabinet, and Backglass Artwork.
- Two Guitar Pick-shaped RGB Lit Spinners.
- 120-Watt 2.1 Stereo Sound System.
- Live Footage and Concert Screen Animations from the Not In This Lifetime World Tour.
- Showcased on the 27” Backbox Display.
- 7” Stage Display Showcasing Game Rules and Animations.
- 30 RGB GNR Hexagonal Stage Lighting.
- All 21 Concert Songs playable as Multiball.
- 5 Additional Unique Mutliball Modes.
- Timed Play option for every song.
- Jukebox Attract Mode Option.
- Bluetooth Headphone and WIFI Connectivity.
- New Jersey Jack Pinball Hotrails -Illuminable Non-Destructively Mountable Side Rails.
- Selectable Content Settings: Family Friendly (default), Adult-Adds explicit songs, video content, and voice work.
- Drumstick Ramp: Two Real Frank Ferrer Thunderchucker Vater Drumsticks inside game.
- 75+ Mini-insert LED’s for World Map and Music Notes.
- Not In This Lifetime Final Wizard Mode and much more.
Guns N’ Roses have officially cancelled their South American tour due to the coronavirus pandemic. That trek was supposed to take place in November/December.
The band issued the following statement:
“To all our friends and gunners in South America: The GNR South American 2020 tour dates have been cancelled by the promoters of the shows due to the COVID-19 health mandates and restrictions established by all the various local and national authorities.
However, the safety and well-being of our fans, team and community remains our highest priority. These tour dates will not be rescheduled at this time due to the current impact of COVID-19 around the world.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times. We are working on putting together a new Latin/South American tour. Please hang in there for further details once dates are locked in.
Local promoters will issue detailed plans for all ticket refunds.”
Guns N’ Roses have continued their “Not In This Lifetime Selects” series with some footage from their 2016 shows in Mexico City, Mexico and Houston, TX. You can check that out below:
Earlier today (August 6), Guns N’ Roses’ cover of “Live And Let Die” was played before Donald Trump gave a speech at the Whirlpool Corp.’s washing machine manufacturing plant in Clyde, Ohio. You can see footage of that below. This news comes after the band previously mocked Trump with a limited edition “Live N’ Let Die With COVID 45” shirt after the song was played while he was visiting a N95 mask manufacturing plant in Phoenix, Arizona without wearing a mask.