To commemorate the 10th anniversary of Ronnie James Dio’s death, the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund will be hosting a special Awards Gala on February 20 in Los Angeles, California. The event was originally set to take place at the Wiltern, but it has since been moved to the Avalon.
The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund, founded in memory of the late rock music legend, will commemorate the 10th anniversary of his passing and the formation of the charity with its 10th Anniversary Memorial Awards Gala on February 20, 2020. The Awards Gala will take place at the Avalon Hollywood in Los Angeles and will recognize honorees who have played a role in either Dio’s legacy or that of the charity.
The amazing vocals and visuals of Ronnie James Dio with his live band DIO, who performed with him for his last 17 years, will provide the entertainment for the Gala, featuring vocalists Tim “Ripper” Owens and Oni Logan and band members Simon Wright, Craig Goldy, Scott Warren and Bjorn Englen. Additional performances include local rockers Sadie & the Tribe plus surprise special guests. The evening will also include live & silent auctions and a raffle.
Sponsor and VIP ticket holders will also enjoy a gourmet dinner with wine pairings and a luxury gift bag.
Featuring celebrity presenters, eight awards named after songs written by Ronnie James Dio will be presented to the following distinguished honorees:
* Holy Diver Award: honoring Rhino Entertainment/Warner Music Group executives: Kevin Gore, President, Global Catalog, Recorded Music & Arts Music, Warner Music Group; Mark Pinkus, President, Rhino Entertainment & U.S. Catalog, WMG; Jason Day, Vice President, A&R, Warner Music Group; Jason Elzy, Vice President, Communications & Marketing, Rhino Entertainment; and Brian Dodd, Manager, Global Artist Brand Management, Rhino Entertainment
* Killing the Dragon Award: Laura Heatherly, Chief Executive Officer, T.J. Martell Foundation, which is dedicated to funding innovative medical research focused on finding treatments and cures for cancer
* King of Rock ‘n Roll Award: Barry Drinkwater, Executive Chairman, Global Merchandise Services Ltd.
* Magica Award: Wyn Davis, Ronnie James Dio’s Long-Time Recording Engineer and Owner of Total Access Recording Studios
* Master of the Moon Award: honoring BMG executives Thomas Scherer, Executive Vice-President, Repertoire & Marketing L.A., Global Writer Services & China; Michael Kachko, Senior Vice-President, Catalog Recordings; Jeff Christian, Director of Catalogs; and Kathy Rivkin Daum, Senior Director, Films
* Rainbow in the Dark Award: Mikeal Maglieri, Owner of the World-Renowned Rainbow Bar and Grill and Whisky a Go Go on the Sunset Strip
* Sacred Heart Award: Dr. David Wong, Professor and Associate Dean for Research, UCLA School of Dentistry and Director for UCLA Center for Oral/Head & Neck Oncology Research (COOR)
* Stand Up and Shout Award: Jeff Pezzuti, CEO of Eyellusion, creators of the Dio Returns! hologram
For information regarding advertising in the Full Color Souvenir Program, contact email@example.com
For information on Event Sponsorships contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable fund formed in honor of the legendary Ronnie James Dio who lost his life to stomach cancer on May 16, 2010. The Fund is dedicated to supporting research and education that furthers early detection, prevention and treatment of prostate, colon and gastric cancers.
Donations are deductible to the extent allowed by law.