Demon Hunter will be releasing a new acoustic album titled “Songs Of Death And Resurrection“ on March 5. The effort will feature twelve re-recorded tracks including new versions of “Dead Flowers” and “Loneliness,“ which feature frontman Ryan Clark‘s mother Peggy. The record will also feature additional vocals and piano from Joanna Ott and strings from Chris Carmichael.
“Songs Of Death And Resurrection” Track Listing:
01. “My Throat Is An Open Grave (Resurrected)”
02. “Dead Flowers (Resurrected)”
03. “The Heart Of A Graveyard (Resurrected)”
04. “Praise The Void (Resurrected)”
05. “Blood In The Tears (Resurrected)”
06. “Loneliness (Resurrected)”
07. “I Will Fail You (Resurrected)”
08. “I Am A Stone (Resurrected)”
09. “Deteriorate (Resurrected)”
10. “Carry Me Down (Resurrected)”
11. “The Tide Began To Rise (Resurrected)”
12. “My Heartstrings Come Undone (Resurrected)“
Ryan Clark commented:
“The Demon Hunter ballad has been a defining aspect of our band since our very first album. My brother and I knew that if we wanted the freedom to pursue more somber, more melodic moments of creativity, we had to set that precedent from the beginning. What we didn’t realize then was just how important these songs would become to both the band and our fans.
The concept of an acoustic record is something we’ve been considering—and encouraged to pursue by fans—for many years. After ten studio albums, and a tour cycle that included a full acoustic set, it felt like the right time to actualize this idea. What we didn’t want to do is something we had done before. Though we’ve played many of these songs in acoustic fashion over the years, we’ve never done so with such a level of care and attention. We hope that comes across in these recordings.”
In other news, the group will also be performing the album in full during a livestream concert at Dark Horse Studios in Franklin, TN. The virtual event will be held on November 20 and tickets can be purchased HERE.