Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares Says His Car Was Hit By A Bullet Earlier Today

Fear Factory guitarist Dino Cazares’ car was hit by a bullet earlier today (January 21). He said the following about that:

“Bullet hole in my windshield today, Los Angles Police Department asked me if I have any enemy’s I said “yes” and named 3 people. Let’s see where this investigation goes. LAPD said it looks like a 45 caliber, it’s a big bullet.”

He also added the following while responding to a fan:

“The bar that’s part of the frame that holds the dashon the inside stopped it from going all the way through.”

Fear Factory Planning Spring Release For New Album

It looks like Fear Factory are planning to release their new album this spring. Dino Cazares confirmed the news during a recent appearance on Death Angel guitarist Ted Aguilar‘s “Alive & Streaming” series, saying that the effort should be out in the next “two or three months” and that its first single will be released “soon.” The record will be the band’s last to feature frontman Burton C. Bell, who exited the group last year.

[via Blabbermouth]

Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares Guests On New Front Line Assembly Song “Stifle”

Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares is featured on a new Front Line Assembly song titled “Stifle.“ That track is from Front Line Assembly’s new album “Mechanical Soul,“ which was released today (January 15).

Rock/Metal Musicians React To Pro-Trump Rioters Storming The Capitol

As you are probably well aware of by now, pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol in Washington, D.C. earlier today (January 6) as lawmakers were counting the Electoral College votes to officially certify President-elect Joe Biden’s win. A number of rock/metal musicians have since taken to social media to comment on the insurrection, which was spurred by Trump himself. You can find some of the various reactions below:

Paul Stanley (KISS):

Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine):

Mark Morton (Lamb Of God):

Tommy Lee (Mötley Crüe):

Andy Biersack (Black Veil Brides):

Robb Flynn (Machine Head):

Otep:

Alex Skolnick (Testament):

Noodles (The Offspring):

Ice-T (Body Count):

Tom DeLonge (ex-Blink 182):

Dino Cazares (Fear Factory):

Doc Coyle (Bad Wolves):

Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater, etc.):

Sacred Reich:

Dino Cazares Issues New Statement Regarding Burton C. Bell’s Exit From Fear Factory

Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares has issued a new statement regarding Burton C. Bell’s recent departure from the band. According to the guitarist, “the door remains open for Burton should he wish to return, but the door won’t stay open forever”

Cazares said the following:

“The departure of the Dry Lung Vocal Martyr”

Last week Burton C Bell announced his decision to leave Fear Factory.

We were all saddened and surprised by the news, as it was not discussed with anyone within the Fear Factory camp, as he has not spoken to anyone for well over a year which has made communication difficult. With our upcoming new album penned for a 2021 release, it is sad that he has chosen to do this.

There has been a lot of speculation as to why this has happened, with many fans posting negativity and sometimes very hurtful personal comments on all our social media platforms, mainly directed at myself. There are however a lot of inaccuracy’s and inconstancies in Burton’s statement posted on his website, and as always, there are two sides to every story.

After a long court battle with the two ex-band members, Burton lost his legal rights to own the name Fear Factory. I had the opportunity to do something right and I felt that obtaining the name in full was the right thing to do for the both of us, so after nearly 4 years we can continue as Fear Factory, to make more records and to tour.

That is why It is sad to hear that he decided to quit and, in my opinion, for whatever issues he has it seems like it could’ve been worked out.

I respect his decision although I don’t understand it. I think sometimes people just need to make big changes in their lives. Even though I am getting blamed for his departure I’m not mad because I am a pretty secure and a strong individual.

I forgive all the lies, the negativity and the blame that has come from him and from some of the fans, because I don’t really know what he is going through and some people handle a great loss differently to others.

One thing that will be made clear though, and I will reiterate one more time is the GoFundMe campaign is solely being used to complete the album. As I type this, the mixing and mastering the album has started and we cannot wait for you, the fans to hear it.

And yes, even with Burton’s decision to quit Fear Factory, all of his vocals will remain on the album. For those of you who have already contributed to the GoFundMe, we thank you immensely!

Burton, I’m going to miss you and after a thirty-year legacy as the frontman for Fear Factory, I can only wish you all the best for all your current and future endeavours and I want to thank you for all of your years of service to Fear Factory.

For now, the door remains open for Burton should he wish to return, but the door won’t stay open forever.

Whatever happens, Fear Factory is here to stay

Thank you
Dino Cazares”

This news comes after Cazares previously discussed Bell’s departure on a recent episode of “No Fuckin’ Regrets With Robb Flynn.”

Dino Cazares Says He Found Out About Burton C. Bell’s Exit From Fear Factory On Social Media

During an appearance on Machine Head frontman Robb Flynn’s “No Fuckin’ Regrets With Robb Flynn” podcast, Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares discussed Burton C. Bell’s recent departure from the band. The guitarist says that he was unware that the vocalist was planning to leave the group until he saw the news on social media.

Cazares said the following:

“Our singer for the past 30 years decided to leave the band. He released a statement. [I] found out [about it] via social media.”

He went on to say that Bell’s statement didn’t address all of the issues that caused the band’s new album to be delayed:

“I don’t really wanna get into what [Burton’s statement] says, really, ’cause a lot of it’s just a lot of nonsense. What I noticed [is] that he doesn’t take responsibility for all the legal actions that went down.

Most people know that we were in a legal battle for the last three-plus years, trying to sort out this FEAR FACTORY name situation. And him and I were sued separately, in separate courts. The other two ex-members decided to take us to court, which led to me and Burton going bankrupt in separate states — I was in California; he was out there in Pennsylvania. [A few months ago] Burton’s [portion of the FEAR FACTORY] trademark ownership became available, so I ended up purchasing it.”

“I don’t wanna get into the gory details. I don’t wanna have to throw anybody under the bus. But if anybody wants to see the truth, they can go and Google the paperwork. Google our names and you’ll find it. It’s all there. It’s all black and white. And you can see what happened and how it all transpired.”

He also added:

“For me, I didn’t want him to leave the band. I wanted him to stay in the band, and let’s continue, and let’s go work. That’s how I look at it. We’ve got a record that’s coming out next year. When the touring opens up, let’s get out there and work. That’s my whole thing: I got the name. Let’s go work. What’s gonna change? Nothing will change. The only thing that changed is the person who owns [the trademark]. [It was] both of us before [who owned the name]. And years before that [when drummer Raymond Herrera and bassist Christian Olde Wolbers were in FEAR FACTORY], it was all four of us… We finally got [the name back]. Let’s get to work. That’s just my attitude. Let’s make some records that the fans wanna hear — the classic FEAR FACTORY stuff. We’ve got a great record coming out next year.”

“It’s too bad that he decided not to stick around, but the door is open for him. So whenever he decides to get past whatever his issues are, I’ll be here waiting. But I can’t wait too long, ’cause when things start opening up and I’ve gotta get back out there and work, I’ve gotta do what every other band does, and they’ve gotta move on — earn a living. But in the meantime, the door is open for him.”

Despite Bell’s departure, Cazares confirmed that his vocals will still be featured on the new Fear Factory album:

“Andy Sneap is mixing the record right now, as we speak, and Nuclear Blast wants this record to come out. And that’s exactly what’s gonna happen. It’ll be out next year. As soon as I find out the date, I’m sure everybody will find out too. But we’re shooting for March next year. And we’ll see what happens after that. Hopefully this world will open up soon and we can all get back to work.”

[via Blabbermouth]

Dino Cazares: “I Have All The Legal Rights To Fear Factory”

During a recent interview with MetalSucks, Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares discussed the band’s various legal battles. Notably, the guitarist revealed that he now has “all the legal rights to Fear Factory.”

As previously reported, Burton C. Bell was involved in a trademark dispute with former members Christian Olde-Wolbers and Raymond Herrera. Now, Cazares has revealed that he was also involved in a separate lawsuit filed by the two. There was no litigation between Cazares and Bell. When asked how he got control of the name, Cazares said the following:

“I can’t tell you Burt’s side because this is how I ended up with the name. I can’t tell you that side. I can tell you that it was expensive. That’s all I have to say [laughs].”

Cazares also revealed that he hasn’t talked to Bell in over a year:

“I’ve reached out to him but maybe he’s too busy doing Ascension Of The Watchers. I’ve heard him make statements saying that he’s not talking about Fear Factory and that he only wants to talk about Ascension Of The Watchers. That’s the impression that I’m getting.”

This news comes after Bell recently distanced himself from a GoFundMe campaign that Cazares launched for Fear Factory’s new album. Cazares also commented on that:

“If it is Burt, I believe he’s wrong. I believe he has mistakenly misunderstood what was going on. If it’s not Burt, and it’s one of his people who run his social media, then I believe it was not the best comment to put out there and that’s what helped the confusion.”

Bell completed his parts for the record awhile ago and even shared the alleged title and artwork without Cazares‘ knowledge. Cazares said the following about that incident:

“At that time [in 2018] it was court ordered that we legally could not use the name Fear Factory to solicit any products like merchandising, CDs, touring etc… talking about it in public could potentially cause legal damage, and later it did. It for sure caused confusion with our fans, especially when I didn’t know about the title, art or it even being called Fear Factory.”

Despite all of these issues, Cazares still wants to work with Bell:

“Yes, I am sole owner of the name and trademark, but that doesn’t mean Burton can’t be right there with me, too. It means that we continue and keep working our asses off and making great music for people to hear.”

He also added the following when asked if Bell would be a salaried employee:

“Why can’t it be equal like we’ve had it before? Why can’t it. To me that hasn’t changed.”

Cazares continued:

“Mine and Burt’s relationship is not perfect. It’s not perfect, trust me, it’s not perfect at all. But, there’s something about us two that makes great music. I don’t want to change that. I think right now the ball is in Burt’s court with what he’s going to do.”

Dino Cazares Issues New Statement Regarding The Controversy Surrounding Fear Factory’s Crowdfunding Campaign

Dino Cazares has issued a new statement regarding the controversy surrounding the crowdfunding campaign he launched for Fear Factory’s upcoming album. You can read that below. This news comes after Burton C. Bell recently distanced himself from the campaign.

Cazares said the following:

“Despite what you may have heard about the Fear Factory gofundme page It is not a scam or created to pay anyone’s personal legal fees.

A lot of people have jumped on the negative band wagon that some of you fail to see the truth.

I’ve taken some of the most harshest criticism about me ,some coming from members of the band some from ex members of the band and from fans.

I dont understand why all this senseless drama because at the end of the day we all want the same thing and that is to enjoy a bad ass Fear Factory récord ,that is going to benefit us all.

I’m going to tell you the truth about this album.

3 years ago in 2017 we finished a album that was given to the record company complete with artwork. This record may have never seen the light of day because of all the legal issues that were surrounding the rights to the Fear Factory name.

After I regained my full rights to the name I decided to take this 3 year old album and make some much needed improvements.

Thanx to all the donations that we’ve received so far we are able to hire the same production crew that we’ve had on Genexus.

All I want to do is make this record the best record it could be with some amazing people working on it. It deserves a killer production to make this a classic FF album. I’m so exited for everyone to hear it because it really sounds amazing.
It’s that simple. That is all I wanted to do.

Despite all the shit I’m getting I still love you all and I’m not mad at anyone. Please help us reach our goal.

–Dino Cazares“

Burton C. Bell Says He Is Not Involved With Fear Factory’s GoFundMe Campaign

As previously reported, Fear Factory recently launched a GoFundMe campaign for their new album. However, vocalist Burton C. Bell has now issued a statement saying he is not involved in the campaign.

Bell said the following:

“Let me be clear I am not part of, nor am I benefiting, from any GoFundMe Campaign.”

A fan then asked guitarist Dino Cazares about Bell’s comments and he responded with the following:

“He sang on the record he’s finished his parts. The donations is for live drums ,mixing and mastering plus keyboards the production team and performers need to get paid for there work. Burton definitely benefits from a great sounding record.”

Cazares has since posted another statement regarding the campaign as well:

“This is to address some of the controversy regarding the FEAR FACTORY GoFundMe page. It is not a scam. All donations go toward covering newly incurred production costs and not anyone’s personal legal fees.

On the previous version of the album recording, which was completed in 2017, it had programmed drums. I decided to not make that mistake again and had Mike Heller perform live drums on the record. I later realized I needed to re-track guitars and bass to fit better with the live drums. I also decided to add new keyboards from Rhys Fulber, Damien Rainaud, Igor Khoroshev, Giuseppe Bassi and Max Karon.

Damien Rainaud took over production duties for all this, and Andy Sneap is also handling the mixing and mastering. They all did an amazing job on ‘Genexus‘, and I decided to bring them back for the new album. Burton‘s lead vocals, which were also recorded in full in 2017, will remain on the new version of the album.

FEAR FACTORY has exceeded its limit in borrowing money from the record company to complete the new version of the album. For this reason, and this reason only, a decision was made to ask for outside donations.

Fear Factory would like to thank everyone for there continued support.”

Dino Cazares Offers More Info On Fear Factory’s Return

Fear Factory guitarist Dino Cazares has shared some more details regarding Fear Factory’s new music via Twitter. In addition to Cazares, the material will feature vocalist Burton C. Bell and drummer Mike Heller. Tony Campos will not be involved due to his commitments to Static-X, so Cazares will also be handling bass duties. The band are also expected to use the same production team that they used for “Genexus.” “Some new characters” will also take part as well. Cazares went on to say that he still needs some financial assistance to complete the music.

[via The PRP]