During a recent interview with Metal Underground, Phil Anselmo offered some updates on Superjoint and Down. The singer says he doesn’t feel like doing Superjoint anymore and that Down may do some “NOLA” 25th anniversary shows next year. Anselmo said the following: “I don’t really feel like doing Superjoint anymore. With Down, we’ve got the…
During a new interview with Kerrang!, Phil Anselmo (Pantera, etc.) once again commented on his infamous “white power” chant and Nazi salute at the 2016 Dimebash. The singer is still facing some backlash from the racist outburst, which recently resulted in the cancellation of Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals’ New Zealand shows earlier this…
It looks like Phil Anselmo (Pantera, Down, etc.) is set to undergo back surgery once again on January 31. He confirmed the news to Jack Antonio in the below interview: Anselmo said the following: “I’m going under the knife next Wednesday. I’m having a follow-up surgery that’s gonna nip something that has been nagging me…
Phil Anselmo (Pantera, etc.) was previously interviewed by Decibel about his infamous “white power” chant and Nazi salute at Dimebash, but now he has talked about it further in a recent interview with The Classic Metal Show. You listen to the chat and see what he had to say below: “I would say to any…
Phil Anselmo (Pantera, etc.) has given his first official interview since his infamous “white power” chant and Nazi salute at Dimebash. You can read what he had to say in the latest issue of Decibel below. “First and foremost, I do take full accountability. I’m not deflecting at all. What I did was insulting, absolutely,…
Phil Anselmo‘s Superjoint and Down bandmate Jimmy Bower was recently interviewed by Clrvynt.com, and was asked about Anselmo‘s nazi salute and white power chant at Dimebash. Anselmo faced tons of backlash for the incident, and you can see Bower’s thoughts on it below. Bower said the following: “When it happened, knowing Phil and our extremely…
In a recent interview with Metal Wani, Pepper Keenan was asked about Down’s future. Despite their various cancelled shows, following Phil Anselmo’s racist outburst at Dimebash, Keenan still seems to think there is a future for the band. Here’s what he said: “Well, I don’t why there wouldn’t be. You know, Down didn’t do anything…
Hellfest will be losing a €20,000 grant, due to their refusal to remove Down from their lineup. According to Huffington Post France, French senator and President of the General Council of the Vendée, Bruno Retailleau wanted the band removed, due to Phil Anselmos’ recent “white power” salute, which the government sees as a promotion for…
Phil Anselmo’s recent racist outburst is still resulting in more consequences. Anselmo even issued another apology, and said Down should just move on without him at this point. So far, Down have been removed from Fortarock, and are now unable to play their February 8 show at the Civic Theatre, in New Orleans, LA as…
Phil Anselmo has issued another apology for his “white power” salute at Dimebash. Down recently got removed from the FortaRock festival for his actions, and he has now suggested that the band go on without him. Here’s his full statement: “To all this will concern, Every citizen in this entire world has the unalienable right…
You must be logged in to post a comment.