This Friday (June 5), Bandcamp will be waiving their revenue share once again and a number of artists/labels will be using the day to raise money for charity. On top of that, Bandcamp will also be donating their revenue share to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund on June 19.
Here’s a list of some of the rock/metal releases:
- Brutal Panda: Releasing charity comp featuring Moon Destroys, Ruby the Hatchet, Kowloon Walled City and many more, with proceeds being donated to Campaign Zero.
- Dark Descent: Donating 25% of all sales to The Place, an outreach program for homeless young people.
- Ghoul: Donating 100% of sales to The Bail Project.
- Gilead Media: Releasing exclusive Cavernlight cover of “The Black Crow” by Songs:Ohia.
- Hassle Records: Sharing 100% of digital revenue with artists; releasing limited edition rarities from The Used, Lonely The Brave, and Frank Iero.
- Magnetic Eye: Sharing 100% of digital revenue with artist
- Monolord: Releasing exclusive instrumental remix of the band’s 2014 album Vaenir.
- Mr. Bungle: Giving 100% of proceeds from new track & new T-Shirt style to Musicares Covid-19 Relief Fund.
- Sacred Bones Records: Donating 100% of all digital sales split between The Loveland Foundation and a nationwide bail fund that splits donations among community bail funds.
- Thrill Jockey: Releasing several LPs at a reduced price, with proceeds going to anti-racism charities; releasing a handful of limited-edition color LPs that were unearthed during a recent warehouse clearout.
The full list can be found HERE.