Metallica have officially been confirmed as the headliners for the 2020 Epicenter, Welcome To Rockville, Sonic Temple, Louder Than Life, and Aftershock festivals. The band will play two different sets at every event, with one taking place on Friday and one taking place on Sunday.
The band commented:
“You know we love a challenge, so when Danny Wimmer Presents invited us to headline all five of their spring/fall U.S. rock festivals, that sounded like great fun. But play two separate sets on two nights in the same weekend? Definitely count us in! In another Metallica first, we’ll be playing at all five of the Wimmer rock festivals in 2020 with two separate sets, one on Friday night, one on Sunday night.”
Here’s the dates for each festival:
* Epicenter: May 1-3 – Charlotte, NC – Charlotte Motor Speedway
* Welcome To Rockville: May 8-10 – Daytona Beach, FL – Daytona International Speedway
* Sonic Temple: May 15-17 – Columbus, OH – MAPFRE Stadium
* Louder Than Life: September 18-20 – Louisville, KY – Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center
* Aftershock: October 9-11 – Sacramento, CA – Discovery Park
Fan club members and past purchasers will be able to get tickets today (October 10) at 3 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on October 14 at 12 noon ET / 9 a.m. PT. $.25 cents from each ticket sold through November 19 will go towards Metallica’s All Within My Hands foundation.