Inquisition Dropped From Satyricon’s Upcoming Tour & Maryland Deathfest

Inquisition have been dropped from Satyricon’s upcoming tour and the Maryland Deathfest. This news comes after it was recently revealed that frontman Jason “Dagon” Weirbach had been charged with possession of depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct back in 2009.

Inquisition commented:

“Inquisition extends its appreciation to all fans and individuals who have supported us throughtout its career. A thank you will never be enough to express our level of regard to you.

Inquisition has been dropped from the Satyricon tour.

Inquisition will continue; in the mean time we respect everones position and will allow time to control the chaos over its own horizons into its own order.

Once again our greatest level of appreciation to you.”

Maryland Deathfest offered the following lineup update:

“There have been a few changes to the line-up recently.

Zemial, Chthe’ilist, Blk Ops, and Inquisition are no longer playing MDF.

Bölzer, Ascended Dead, and Future Terror have been confirmed as replacements.The replacement for Inquisition will be determined shortly.

Also, due to scheduling conflicts, The Ruins of Beverast has changed day of show to Saturday from Sunday.

The following ticket options are nearly sold out:
MDF XVI Prefest Party at Ottobar – 25 tickets remaining
4-day pass (all venues) – 20 tickets remaining
Saturday Rams Head – 35 tickets remaining
3-day pass Rams Head – 50 tickets remaining
Thursday Rams Head – 70 tickets remaining”

Advertisements

Season Of Mist Distance Themselves From Inquisition As Disturbing Past Legal Charges Surface

Season of Mist have announced that they have dropped Inquisition from their label. Their statement, which simply said “Season of Mist are no longer working with Inquisition. There will be no further statement,” was posted right before MetalSucks ran a new article shedding light on a 2009 case in which frontman Jason “Dagon” Weirbach was charged with possession of depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct. The site was able to break the news after obtaining various legal documents from the Superior Court of Washington for Snohomish County. Weirbach plead guilty to unlawful display of sexually explicit material and obstructing a law enforcement officer after his charges were reduced due to a plea bargain.

Weirbach has since issued the following statement:

“To all fans, supporters and close ones, I would like to clarify some horrific misinformation generated by the webzine MetalSucks of a personal matter of mine in 2007: First you must take into account, everything MetalSucks published is taken from court documents that state charges and accusations rather than what was proven or admitted in 2007.

Second, I never plead guilty to the charges and the original charges were dropped after the courts examined all evidence. I am not a sex offender, and I was absolutely innocent of all charges. The plea bargain was something the prosecutor insisted on and for the defense was the best option to end a lengthy legal process. Also, the background check webpage circulating is not entirely correct, it is definitely not showing what the Police background check would show you.

With my fullest respect to you, please read my statement MetalSucks had told me they would publish:

‘I made a very unwise choice of actions in 2007 which got me into some legal problems. After the investigation was conducted, a year and a half later after the initial charges, the original charges brought against me were dropped and a plea deal was presented to me. The investigation determined I did not have anything that fell under the original charge.

The police report suggested I had deleted and obstructed evidence which I deny to have done, however the obstruction charge was still part of the plea deal as was the other charge mentioned in this article. That second charge is related to viewing pornography in a public area, and again was taken as part of the plea deal. To be clear, I have no sex crimes, this did not involve any other person other than myself and I have moved forward since 2009 while having complied with all aspects of the law.

I wish to remain focused on my music and my absolute dedication to the art of Black Metal. Despite any personal views and judgements the followers and supporters of our music may have, I am a somewhat private person and have never cared for destructive sensationalism and keeping what I feel is private, private.

I hope my level of transparency is understood and I thank you, as always for having been so supportive of Inquisition.

Dagon“

MetalSucks shared the statement along with court documents and commentary to dispute some of Weirbach’s claims.

Aside from this, Weirbach was previously charged with fourth degree assault and third degree malicious mischief in 2006. Inquisition have also been accused of racism and Nazism for years.