Former Cannibal Corpse Guitarist Pat O’Brien Officially Sentenced Following 2018 Burglary And Assault

Pat O’Brien (ex-Cannibal Corpse) has officially been sentenced after being arrested on December 10, 2018 for burglary with assault and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer as his Northdale, FL home was burning. The guitarist has been ordered to pay $23,793.45 in restitution and will also be required to undergo drug and alcohol evaluations, render 150 hours of community service, and abstain from using alcohol and controlled substances. He will also be subject to random testing

During the initial incident, O’Brien reportedly called relatives to tell them that “the rapture” was coming and that “aliens have landed” before breaking into a Northdale home at around 6:57 PM while two people were inside. After he was told to leave, he pushed down a woman and ran into the backyard. One of the residents said he seemed to be hallucinating and that he spoke of “the rapture” to him as well. O’Brien also claimed “someone was after him” and even tried to hide in the closet.

Authorities found him hiding near a fence and they used an electronic control device to disarm him after he ran towards a deputy with a knife.

O’Brien‘s Northdale home was also on fire at the time of the incident. Hillsborough County firefighters had a hard time putting out the blaze due to exploding ammunition. Fire marshals found a ton of weapons, locked safes, and potentially explosive devices inside the house. In fact, the stockpile was so large that ATF agents were sent to look through the wreckage after the fire was out. The guitarist was apparently trying to get away from his burning house when responders arrived. He was arrested less than .5 miles away.

Neighbors say O’Brien was an “avid gun collector” and that he did not appear to show signs of odd behavior prior to the incident.

O’Brien made his first court appearance on December 11, 2018 and he was wearing an anti-suicide vest with his hands and feet restrained. The judge originally denied him bail until a drug test was conducted, but the musician ended up getting released from Hillsborough County jail on December 14, 2018 after posting a $50,000 surety bond.

Since then, Cannibal Corpse have parted ways with O’Brien and have moved forward with Hate Eternal’s Erik Rutan.

[via Blabbermouth]

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s